- “Automatically Collected” Information: Like many websites and mobile apps, when you use the Service we may automatically record certain information about your visit from your web browser or our mobile app such as your IP address, the pages of the service you view, or details regarding the searches you run on the Service, such as what you are searching for, the date and time when you initiated a search, and the location from which you initiated the search. We collect and may use this information to understand and analyze the aggregate or “big picture” usage trends and preferences of our users.
- “Cookies” Information: One form of “automatically collected” information we record is information stored by “cookies.” When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer or your mobile device. We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser or our mobile app. While a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser or the mobile app (and may be used by your browser or the mobile app when you later return to the Service), persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the appropriate “Help” file in your Web browser or your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- Payment Information: Chalston Hotel for Business: When you sign up for: Chalston Hotel for Business, we collect billing details from you including name on card, card number, and billing address, and we pass that information to our third-party payment processor, EBS, which handles payments for us. We don’t store that information—Stripe does.
- We may use your e-mail to give you updates on the Service’s features and progress, and to provide you with promotional materials and offers (such as discounts on airfare or hotels that may become available, or news about travel destinations). Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving e-mails about Service updates and promotional materials and offers, either through links provided in the e-mail messages we send to you or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
- We may communicate with you via e-mail or another form of electronic notification regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service.
- If you are logged into your account and using the Service (including: Chalston Hotel for Business), we may associate information regarding your usage of the Service with your account and with other information that we have collected about you, such as your search history.
We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in helping us perform our internal business functions. These are things like processing payments for us, or performing maintenance, security, data analysis, e-mail transmission, or data hosting on our behalf. If you book travel with one of our travel partners through : Chalston Hotel, we provide the payment details you give us to the travel partner to process the transaction. If you book travel using : Chalston Hotel through certain third-party partners, we may, with your consent, send a copy of the travel booking confirmation to the partner. The confirmation will include personally identifiable information (such as name, email and phone number, and billing address) and truncated payment card details. We will do our best to require these third parties to maintain your information securely, to not use it for purposes other than providing services to us, and to refrain from disclosing the information except when required by law.
Chalston Hotel may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) satisfy legal obligations or comply with legal process (such as a subpoena) served on : Chalston Hotel; (2) protect : Chalston Hotel and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; (3) investigate and defend : Chalston Hotel against any legal claims or threats; (4) protect and defend the rights or property of : Chalston Hotel; (5) take action on user complaints, or (6) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of : Chalston Hotel, the Service, or the public.
Chalston Hotel may disclose aggregated, anonymized, or other types of non-personally identifiable information, including “automatically collected” and “cookies” information that is non-personally identifiable, to third parties for various purposes. For example, Chalston Hotel may disclose non-personally identifiable information to our travel partners or other interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns and activity on the Service, to assist them in serving your travel needs, to select the advertisements shown to you on our Service or on other websites and services, or to enhance your ability to conduct efficient and accurate searches.